As a Career Coach, you will work 1:1 with our coaching clients on all aspects of their job search and career goals, to produce great career outcomes. Working closely with a dynamic and empathetic Career Services team, you’ll play a significant role in each student’s journey as you support them in revamping their careers and, by extension, their lives. You’ll feel the rewards instantly as clients implement your advice and grow their ability to find the perfect career opportunity for them.
For this role, you must have prior experience in formal career coaching OR recruiting. Additionally, you must be available to work in the US Eastern time zone during business hours (9 am – 6 pm) and devote 20 hours per week to the role.
When You Join Us, You Can Expect
- To be part of a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment
- A competitive compensation and commission structure
- Rewarding benefits package that prioritizes your wellness
- Friendly culture that inspires you to learn, grow and lead by example
- Work-life balance with a flexible schedule
- Opportunities for business travel, leadership development and speaking engagements
What You’ll Bring
- Provide 1:1 career coaching conversations regarding job search with individual clients in a high-volume, online coaching environment
- Respond promptly and supportively to client career concerns and questions via email
- Stay up to date on current trends in hiring and job search tactics that work
- Track outcomes of coaching calls via our student CRM, providing detailed notes and information that evaluate risk factors, track success and predict future performance
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of formal experience in recruiting, coaching, or career counseling in a 1:1 capacity, specifically supporting individuals’ job search and career goals. We will unfortunately not be able to consider candidates without this prior experience
- Intimate knowledge of the hiring process and how to conduct an effective job search
- A track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies; you are proactive, agile, and flexible
- A genuine interest in fostering a long-term relationship with clients and career development process, with prior experience working with job candidates
- Strong communication skills, especially in listening, coaching, and the ability to build rapport and credibility with clients and colleagues across the company
Generational Development helps teams connect across organizational functions and empower cross-generational leaders to grow together. Our team designs targeted solutions specifically for the needs of each individual or audience in your organization. Group learning solutions help groups of employees connect and learn from one another, while leadership development solutions help individuals grow into their next role in the company. We spark a culture of development that helps you and your employees grow your company.
We are excited to hear from you and look forward to reviewing your application. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!