Build confidence to negotiate successfully in any situation – personal or professional. Negotiation skills are essential for workplace success, improved productivity and reduced conflicts. Effective negotiation skills are necessary to achieve win-win outcomes. Through active listening, assertiveness and awareness, you will gain the skills to effectively plan, execute and conclude successful negotiations. Learn how to set the scene, express your position, explore areas of disagreement and generate alternative solutions that can lead to reaching a mutually acceptable agreement among all parties.
- Recognize modern-day negotiation skills and identify how your old patterns of thinking might sabotage the negotiation process, allowing you to make changes that contribute to your success
- Use active listening skills to focus on your negotiating partners, allowing you to fully understand their perspective and expectations
- Employ assertiveness skills to express your position clearly while respecting the other person’s point of view
- Hone your level of awareness so that you pinpoint emotional changes during a negotiation and take steps to uncover underlying issues
- Determine your negotiation plan and objectives, researching your negotiation partners so that you are informed and able to broker a win-win outcome
- Ensure all parties are comfortable and on the same wavelength, so that you kick-start your 5-step negotiation process on a positive note
- Clearly state your position and consider the other person’s goals so that, together, you can move towards a mutually satisfying outcome
- Explore any areas of disagreement with your negotiating partners calmly and confidently, so that potential problems are brought to the surface and discussed
- Brainstorm and generate alternative solutions, bringing you both closer to a satisfactory outcome
- Reach a win-win agreement that satisfies all negotiating partners so that, together, you can commit to specific deliverables
Skills: Negotiation, Critical Thinking Skills, Confidence, Team Collaboration, Relationship Building, Self-awareness, Goal Setting
There are no reviews yet.