Learning the ins and outs of the job market is key to a successful job search strategy. Jobs can be found from a number of different avenues, but you will never find them if you don’t know where to look.
Did you know over 20M Americans attempt to change jobs, industries, or careers each year?
- Remote work is here to stay. Most employers believe that remote work does not negatively affect workers’ productivity, and perhaps even improves it.
- A whopping 50% of job openings are never even advertised, according to author of Unlock the Hidden Job Market, Duncan Mathison.
- Senior roles are filled by retained executive search consultants 26% more often than any other formal hiring process.
- 58% of active candidates and 81% of passive candidates found new jobs via the hidden job market, according to a recent survey conducted by Lou Adler, author of The Essential Guide for Hiring and Getting Hired.
- 80% of the half a million job opportunities with salaries greater than $100,000 that are filled each month in the U.S. were never advertised, according to findings by Mark Hovind based on data from the U.S. Census Bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 45% of job applicants never hear anything back from the employer or outside recruiter, and 83% of these applicants rate their job search experience as poor, according to the Talent Board.
Companies don’t necessarily hire the best person for the job. They hire the person who best positions themselves for the opportunity, whether by personal marketing, networking or referrals.